Cool breeze

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Notes on ‘nads

Female 'nads, of which I’m a proud owner:
A doctor (female) was speaking on radio about menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). I listened up since I’m entering that period in my life. Now, I’m one of those purists who don’t believe in using pharmaceuticals if they are not necessary. E.g. if I have the flu, I’m not going to take antibiotics ‘cause flu is a virus, not a bacterium. The most I’ll do (when I can get away with it) is take lemon drinks and sleep. Otherwise I’ll go in to work and cough and sniffle on everything in sight.
Stories about how HRT hormones are harvested from pregnant horses are enough to turn any stomach, so I’ve always regarded that HRT story dubiously. Besides, estrogen can be a bad, bad hormone, so why not rejoice as its levels reduce? As the speaker said though, it’s probably ‘cause right now I’m worried about period pain, and petrified of unplanned pregnancy. Once the vagina gets dry, however, I may be singing a different song.

A friend and I bravely stepped out of ‘puritan-ville’ when we made a pact (and started saving) to go for ‘lifts’ once gravity overcomes those lumps of fat and glands whose only muscle is the nipple. Now it appears I may have to get used to the idea of HRT. Why? Something the woman on radio said totally alarmed me! She said the second-largest sex organ (slso) in my body (my vagina) will shrink and dry up unless the estrogen levels are kept up!!! Now, loving said slso as much as I do, this is not a happy thought. But what to do as time (and gravity) marches on? Give in gracefully, I say.

Right at the heels of 'no! not my slso!' though, a thought on how interesting 'nature' is: doesn’t a man’s phallus get smaller with age? How cool is it that nature chose to synchronize the shrivel and shrinkage in both sexes?!
Intelligent Design: 1, Evolution: nil.

Male ‘nads, of which I am occasionally a custodian:
(How was it) hanging with a really cool 'diver dude' a while ago when conversation wandered to ‘to cut or not to cut’ and then into ‘ways of cutting’. I’d heard somewhere that when you see tourist women going for maasai guys, it’s not all about the (rolling eyes) myth of the African man’s size/stamina/prowess. Apparently maasai guys have something unique for real. In the circumcision process, part of the foreskin is left intact, like a goatee on the phallus.

'Diver dude' added a new dimension to my knowledge/myth collection: in tribes that would regularly fight, it was a form of identification. i.e. us guys would have one ‘goatee’, you guys would have a split ‘goatee’. That way, after the blood spray and spatter on the battle fronts had settled down, we could come thru, identify our dead and take them with us.
Pretty cool, huh?

Now: a) let me know if any of these myths are true, b)…. paging maasai guys…

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home